Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Janet Flanner; Kenneth Koch; Ralph Waldo Emerson; Ralph Waldo Emerson; Janet Flanner; Kenneth Koch|
|Document Type:||Sound Recording|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Ned Rorem; Janet Flanner; Kenneth Koch; James Holmes; Ralph Waldo Emerson; Gregg Smith; Adirondack Chamber Orchestra.; Gregg Smith Singers.
|Language Note:||English words printed as text on insert ( p. ; 28 cm.|
|Notes:||The 1st work for mixed chorus (4 parts) and chamber orchestra; the 2nd work "a small opera in five scenes" for soprano, mezzo-soprano, tenor, baritone, and instrumental ensemble; the 3rd work for mixed chorus (2 parts) and piano.
Text of the 1st work by Janet Flanner, of the 2nd by Kenneth Koch (dramatization by James Holmes), and of the 3rd by Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Program notes, in part by the composer, on container; texts ( p.) inserted.
|Performer(s):||Adirondack Chamber Orchestra (1st work) ; vocal and instrumental soloists (2nd work) ; Gregg Smith Singers ; Gregg Smith, conductor.|
|Event notes:||Recorded at St. Agnes Catholic Church, Lake Placid, N.Y., 1982 (1st-2nd works) and at the Episcopal Church of the Holy Trinity, New York City, 1983 (3rd work).|
|Description:||1 sound disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm ; 12 in.|
|Contents:||Letters from Paris (25:18) --
Hearing (19:00) --
Give all to love (5:50).
|Series Title:||Choral masters series, v. 2.|
|Other Titles:||Vocal music.|
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices) with chamber orchestra.
- Flanner, Janet, -- 1892-1978 -- Musical settings.
- Koch, Kenneth, -- 1925-2002 -- Musical settings.
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices, 2 parts) with piano.
- Emerson, Ralph Waldo, -- 1803-1882 -- Musical settings.
- Emerson, Ralph Waldo, -- 1803-1882.
- Flanner, Janet, -- 1892-1978.
- Koch, Kenneth, -- 1925-2002.