Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Early works to 1800|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||"With a preface giving some account of the author, and an essay on his genius, works, and times."|
|Contents:||pt. 1. Christian ethics (or private duties) --
pt. 2. Christian economics (or family duties) --
pt. 3. Christian ecclesiastics (or church duties) --
pt. 4. Christian politics (or duties to our rulers and neighbours).
|Responsibility:||by Richard Baxter.|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
"The greatest manual on Biblical counseling ever produced.
"A CHRISTIAN DIRECTORY may justly be described as a landmark. It is the fullest, most thorough, and in this writer's judgment, most profound treatment of Christian spirituality and standards that has ever been attempted by an English-speaking Evangelical author. The fact that it embraces both...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Christian life -- Early works to 1800.
- Christian life -- Anglican authors.
- Theology, Practical.
- Conscience -- Religious aspects.
- Pastoral counselling -- Early works to 1800.
User lists with this item (2)
- Books Considered to be Among the Ten Greatest in the English Language(57 items)
by lettermen2 updated 2015-03-02
- Christian Classics (Part 1)(250 items)
by lettermen2 updated 2015-02-26