Criticism, interpretation, etc
D'Amico, Diane, 1951-
Baton Rouge, La. : Louisiana State University Press, c1999
|提及的人：||Christina Georgina Rossetti; Christina Georgina Rossetti; Christina Georgina Rossetti|
|資料類型：||政府刊物, 州政府或者省政府刊物, 網際網路資源|
|描述：||1 online resource (191 p.)|
|内容：||Rossetti: the woman, the poet, and the critics --
Rossetti's response to the feminine voice of woe --
Rossetti and the convent question --
The Christian fairy-tale poems --
The fallen woman poems --
Rossetti's Eve and the woman question --
Daring to speak to others: Rossetti as a religious poet --
"Since Arthur Symons's declaration in 1895 in the Saturday Review that Christina Rossetti was "among the great poets of the nineteenth century," Rossetti's image among critics has undergone permutations as divergent as Victorian culture is from postmodern. Now Diane D'Amico redeems Rossetti from the various one-dimensional castings assigned her across the generations - those of a saint writing poetry for God; of a sexually repressed, neurotic woman of minor talent; and, most recently, of a subversive feminist questioning the patriarchy - and renders a fuller, more intricate understanding of the poet than any to date. With logic, balance, and clarity, D'Amico seals her case that Rossetti's faith, her gender, and the times in which she lived should all be considered to appreciate her poetic voice."--BOOK JACKET.
- Rossetti, Christina Georgina, -- 1830-1894 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Christianity and literature -- England -- History -- 19th century.
- Women and literature -- England -- History -- 19th century.
- Rossetti, Christina Georgina, -- 1830-1894 -- Religion.
- Christian poetry, English -- History and criticism.
- Faith in literature.
- POETRY -- English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh.
- Electronic books.
- Rossetti, Christina Georgina, -- 1830-1894.
- Christian poetry, English.
- Christianity and literature.
- Women and literature.