Chunn family.; William Augustus Chunn; Elizabeth Word Chunn; Sarah Word Hance; Eugenia E Hance Crews; Sallie Elizabeth Crews Bolt; Nettie Patton; Emily E P Walden; Jane E Wells
|注意：||Cataloged as part of the Georgia Archives and Manuscripts Automated Access Project: A Special Collections Gateway Program of the University Center in Georgia.
Collection number: AC 44-101M.
Personal correspondence, legal documents, business records, and maps relating to Elizabeth Word Chunn and her son William Augustus Chunn. Thirty of these folders are approximately 150 letters to Mrs. Chunn from grandchildren, siblings, nieces and nephews, and cousins. They are rich descriptions of men's and women's work, race relations (particularly during Reconstruction), sickness and death, and all the activities of white middle class life, including home economics, teaching, travels, Christmas, and religious affairs in Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Texas, and Ohio during this time period.
- Children -- Correspondence.
- Christmas -- Georgia.
- Home economics, Rural.
- Voyages and travels.
- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Vicksburg (Miss.) -- History -- Siege, 1863.
- Ohio -- Social life and customs.
- Confederate States of America. -- Army. -- Georgia Infantry Regiment, 40th.
- Confederate States of America. -- Army. -- Georgia Militia Regiment, 1st.