Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Records and correspondence
|Named Person:||Churchill family; Cooper family; Churchill family.; Cooper family.|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Churchill Family.; Cooper Family.
|Description:||3 boxes (1.0 cubic ft.)|
Papers also include two journals / notebooks of Charles Churchill (1808-1862), while he was a student at the Auburn Theological Seminary, 1830-1831. The first item "Sketches of the heads of sermons" contains notes from sermons and lectures delivered by various faculty members. The second item, titled "journal and diary" contains more notes from classes and sermons as well as details of his activities as a chaplain at the Auburn State Prison. These documents are accompanied by a letter of October 6, 1831 from Octavia Gaylord to Silas Churchill of New Lebanon, New York.
- Churchill family -- Correspondence.
- Cooper family -- Correspondence.
- Auburn Theological Seminary (New York, N.Y.) -- History.
- Deaf -- Education -- New York (State)
- Seminarians -- New York (State) -- Auburn -- Diaries.
- Auburn (N.Y.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- New Lebanon (N.Y.) -- History.
- New Lebanon (N.Y.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Churchill family.
- Cooper family.
- Auburn Theological Seminary (New York, N.Y.)
- Manners and customs.
- New York (State)
- New York (State) -- Auburn.
- New York (State) -- New Lebanon.