Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Ambrose, Stephen E.
New York, NY : Simon & Schuster, c1997
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Stephen E Ambrose
|Description:||512 pages : illustrations, maps ; 25 cm|
|Contents:||pt. I. The Battle for France: Expanding the beachhead, June 7-30, 1944 ; Hedgerow fighting, July 1-24, 1944 , Breakout and encirclement, July 25-August 25, 1944 ; To the Siegfried line, August 26-September 30, 1944 ; The Siegfried line, October 1944 --
pt. II. At the German Border: Metz and the Hurtgen Forest, November 1-December 15, 1944 ; The Ardennes, December 16-19, 1944 ; The Ardennes, December 20-23, 1944 ; The holiday season, December 24-31, 1944 --
pt. III. Life in ETO: Night on the line ; Replacements and reinforcements, Fall 1944 ; The air war ; Medics, nurses, and doctors ; Jerks, sad sacks, profiteers, and Jim Crow ; Prisoners of war --
pt. IV. Overrunning Germany: Winter war, January 1945 ; Closing to the Rhine, February 1-March 6, 1945 ; Crossing the Rhine, March 7-31, 1945 ; Victory, April 1-May 7, 1945 --
Epilogue : The GIs and modern America.
|Other Titles:||U.S. Army from the Normandy beaches to the Bulge to the surrender of Germany, June 7, 1944-May 7, 1945|
|Responsibility:||Stephen E. Ambrose.|
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Western Front.
- United States. -- Army -- History -- World War, 1939-1945.
- Soldiers -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- United States. Army -- History -- World War, 1939-1945.
- United States. -- Army.
- Military campaigns.
- United States.
- Western Front (World War (1914-1918))
User lists with this item (10)
- LIBRARY, HARDCOVER Non Fiction(355 items)
by CYNTHIANIELSEN updated about 21 hours ago
- Recommended military readings(207 items)
by rbergquist updated about a month ago
- FHL Non Fiction(448 items)
by belcherc updated 2014-10-24
- Leader's Bibliography(295 items)
by JSLoring updated 2014-03-13
- World War II(49 items)
by nashvilleteens updated 2011-10-18