Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Trials, litigation, etc. Drama
|Named Person:||Jan Schlichtmann; Anne Anderson; Jeffrey S Wigand; Lowell Bergman; Anne Anderson; Lowell Bergman; Jan Schlichtmann; Jeffrey S Wigand|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Steven Zaillian; Scott Rudin; Robert Redford; Rachel Pfeffer; Jonathan Harr; John Travolta; Robert Duvall; John Lithgow; William H Macy; Kathleen Quinlan; Michael Mann; Al Pacino; Russell Crowe; Christopher Plummer; Diane Venora; Philip Baker Hall; Lindsay Crouse; Debi Mazar; Stephen Tobolowsky; Colm Feore; Bruce McGill; Gina Gershon; Michael Gambon; Rip Torn; Touchstone Pictures.; Paramount Pictures Corporation.; Wildwood Enterprises.; Scott Rudin Productions.; Forward Pass Productions.; Touchstone Home Video (Firm); Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Firm)
|Language Note:||English and French, Closed-captioned.|
|Notes:||A Civil Acition is based on the book by Jonathan Harr.
The Insider is based on the Vanity Fair article: The man who knew too much / by Marie Brenner.
A Civil Action is presentation of Touchstone Pictures and Paramount Pictures. It was released as a motion picture in 1998.
The Insider is presentation of Touchstone Pictures and Forward Pass Productions. It was released as a motion picture in 1999.
|Credits:||A Civil Action : produced by Scott Rudin, Robert Redford, Rachel Pfeffer ; music by Danny Elfman ; screenplay by Steven Zaillian ; directed by Steven Zallian.
The Insider : produced by Michael Mann, Pieter Ian Brugge ; written by Eric Roth & Michael Mann ; directed by Michael Mann ; director of photography, Dante Spinotti ; editors, William Goldenberg, Paul Rubell, David Rosembloom ; music, Lisa Gerrard, Pieter Bourke.
|Cast:||A Civil Action : John Travolta, Robert Duvall, John Lithgow, William H. Macy.
The Insider : Al Pacino, Russell Crowe, Christopher Plummer, Diane Venora, Philip Baker Hall, Lindsay Crouse, Debi Mazar, Stephen Tobolowsky, Colm Feore, Bruce McGill, Gina Gershon, Michael Gambon, Rip Torn.
|Target Audience:||A Civil Action : MPAA rating: PG ; The Insider : MPAA rating: R.|
|Description:||2 videodiscs (273 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Details:||DVD, Dolby digital 5.1 surround stereo., NTSC, region 1; widescreen.|
The Insider : When former executive Jeffrey Wigand is fired by his employer, one of the largest tobacco companies in America, Wigand agrees to become a paid consultant for a story by veteran 60 minutes producer Lowell Bergman, regarding alleged unethical practices within the tobacco industry. But what begins as a temporary alliance leads to a lengthy battle for both men to save their reputations and more.
- Schlichtmann, Jan -- Drama.
- Anderson, Anne, -- 1936?- -- Trials, litigation, etc. -- Drama.
- Wigand, Jeffrey S. -- Drama.
- Bergman, Lowell -- Drama.
- W.R. Grace & Co. -- Trials, litigation, etc. -- Drama.
- Trials (Toxic torts) -- Massachusetts -- Boston -- Drama.
- Groundwater -- Pollution -- Law and legislation -- Massachusetts -- Woburn -- Drama.
- Drinking water -- Contamination -- Massachusetts -- Woburn -- Drama.
- Liability for water pollution damages -- Massachusetts -- Woburn -- Drama.
- Whistle blowing -- United States -- Drama.
- Tobacco industry -- United States -- Drama.
- Television journalists -- United States -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Legal films.
- Historical films.
- Films for the hearing impaired.
- Anderson, Anne, -- 1936?-
- Bergman, Lowell.
- Schlichtmann, Jan.
- Wigand, Jeffrey S.
- W.R. Grace & Co.
- Drinking water -- Contamination.
- Groundwater -- Pollution -- Law and legislation.
- Liability for water pollution damages.
- Television journalists.
- Tobacco industry.
- Trials (Toxic torts)
- Whistle blowing.
- Massachusetts -- Boston.
- Massachusetts -- Woburn.
- United States.