Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Colin L Powell; Colin L Powell; Colin L Powell; Richard B Myers; Richard B Myers|
|Material Type:||Government publication, National government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
David G Touzinsky; Army War College (U.S.)
|Notes:||"8 February 2010"--P. [iii].|
|Description:||26 p. ; 28 cm.|
|Contents:||What are civil-military relations? --
The impetus behind the Goldwater-Nichols Act --
History of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff --
General Powell background --
General Powell as Chairman --
General Myers background --
General Myers as Chairman --
Civil-military relations after the passing of the Goldwater-Nichols Act --
Civil-military relations under General Powell --
Civil-military relations under General Myers --
|Series Title:||Student papers; USAWC strategy research project.|
|Other Titles:||Civil-military relations, national security and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff|
|Responsibility:||by David Touzinsky.|
- Powell, Colin L -- Military leadership.
- Powell, Colin L. -- Influence.
- Powell, Colin L. -- Political activity.
- Myers, Richard B., -- 1942- -- Military leadership.
- Myers, Richard B., -- 1942- -- Influence.
- United States. -- Goldwater-Nichols Department of Defense Reorganization Act of 1986.
- United States. -- Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff -- History.
- Civil-military relations -- United States.
- National security -- United States.