Suche nach Bibliotheken, die diesen Titel besitzen ...
|Anmerkungen:||Contact sheet strips transferred to Photographs and Prints Division.|
|Beschreibung:||1.4 lin. ft.|
The collection is an accumulation of material and notes which Clarke gathered while working for several civil rights organizations and researching film projects about poverty and racism during the 1960's. There are press releases, leaflets and other printed matter which had been distributed to and by civil rights workers, as well as newspaper and magazine clippings, and Clarke's notes.
The subject matter deals with the Mississippi Summer Project - Council of Federated Organizations, the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party, the Selma to Montgomery March in Alabama, the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee, and the Poor People's Campaign and Resurrection City in Washington, D.C. The role of the church and civil rights is also discussed in the collection.
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party.
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference.
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- Civil rights -- Southern States.
- African Americans -- Suffrage.
- African Americans -- civil rights workers.
- Civil rights movements -- United States.
- African American college students -- Political activity.
- Selma-Montgomery Rights March, 1965.
- Poor People's Campaign.
- Political parties -- Mississippi.
- Southern States -- Social conditions.
- Race relations -- Religious aspects.
- United States -- History -- 1961-1969.
- Alabama -- Social conditions.
- Selma (Ala.) -- Social conditions.
- Mississippi -- Social conditions.