Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Manuscripts for publication
|Named Person:||Clarence Manion; Barry M Goldwater; Barry M Goldwater; L Brent Bozell; William F Buckley, Jr.; Bonner Frank Fellers; Phyllis Schlafly; J Fred Schlafly; Clayton Kirkpatrick; J Bracken Lee; Gina O'Brien Manion; William F Rickenbacker; Paul H Talbert; Robert Welch; Robert E Wood; John W Bricker|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Clarence Manion; L Brent Bozell; William F Buckley, Jr.; Bonner Frank Fellers; Barry M Goldwater; Jesse Helms; Clayton Kirkpatrick; J Bracken Lee; Gina O'Brien Manion; J Fred Schlafly; Phyllis Schlafly; Paul H Talbert; Robert Welch; Robert E Wood
|Notes:||This entry replaces MS 75-411.|
|Description:||51.25 linear feet 1 oversize folder. 4 sound cassettes. (in box 104). 1 sound recording (1 reel). (in box 113).|
|Other Titles:||Manion forum (Radio program)
Here's how by who's who.
Topics discussed in the collection include advocacy for the Bricker Amendment; activities of the John Birch Society in California and elsewhere; support for Goldwater's presidential campaigns in 1960 and 1964; Manion's appointment to and resignation from the federal Commission on Intergovernmental Relations; Manion's service on the American Bar Association's Committee for the Study of Communist Tactics, Strategy and Objectives; the threat of Communist expansion abroad and internal subversion; U.S. military preparedness; and the extension of the power of the federal government in domestic affairs; Manion's activities as a professor of constitutional law at Notre Dame University, and his businesses, and family. Correspondents include William F. Buckley, Jr., General Bonner Fellers, Barry Goldwater, J. Bracken Lee, J. Fred Schlafly, Phyllis Schlafly, Paul Talbert, and Robert Welch.
The papers not only state Dean Manion's personal views on history and political theory. They also document conservative thought and action in America because of the extraordinary breadth of Manion's contacts on the political right as well as the wide reach of his radio and television programs. Correspondents include personal friends as well as members of the general public who listened to the Manion Forum; public officials and political leaders; and conservative publicists, theoreticians, and organizers.
- Manion, Clarence, -- 1896-1979 -- Archives.
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- )
- Manion forum (Radio program)
- Conservatism in the press -- United States.
- Conservatism -- United States -- 20th century.
- Catholics -- Indiana -- 20th century.
- Radio programs -- United States.
- Radio in politics -- United States.
- Constitutional law -- United States.
- Conservatism -- Societies, etc.
- Anti-communist movements -- United States -- 20th century.
- Presidential candidates -- United States.
- Politicians -- United States.
- Elections -- United States.
- Farmers -- Indiana -- 20th century.
- Lawyers -- Indiana -- 20th century.
- Presidents -- United States -- Election.
- Constitutional amendments -- United States.
- Communism and international relations -- United States.
- Military readiness.
- Subversive activities -- United States.
- Federal government -- United States.
- Public officers.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
- United States -- Constitution -- Amendments.
- United States -- Military policy.
- Indiana -- Commerce -- 20th century.
- Indiana -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
- Goldwater, Barry M. -- (Barry Morris), -- 1909-1998 -- Correspondence.
- Goldwater, Barry M. -- (Barry Morris), -- 1909-1998. -- Conscience of a conservative.
- Bozell, L. Brent, -- 1925-1997 -- Correspondence.
- Buckley, William F., -- Jr., -- 1925-2008 -- Correspondence.
- Fellers, Bonner Frank, -- 1896-1973 -- Correspondence.
- Schlafly, Phyllis -- Correspondence.
- Schlafly, J. Fred -- (John Fred), -- 1909-1993 -- Correspondence.
- Kirkpatrick, Clayton, -- 1915-2004 -- Correspondence.
- Lee, J. Bracken -- (Joseph Bracken), -- 1899-1996 -- Correspondence.
- Manion, Gina O'Brien.
- Rickenbacker, William F., -- 1928-1995 -- Correspondence.
- Talbert, Paul H. -- Correspondence.
- Welch, Robert, -- 1899-1985 -- Correspondence.
- Wood, Robert E. -- (Robert Elkington), -- 1879-1969 -- Correspondence.
- Bricker, John W. -- (John William), -- 1893-1986.
- John Birch Society.
- University of Notre Dame. -- Law School.