Nora V Demleitner; Terence S Coonan; Peter Vallecillo; Cecilia Aguilar; St. Mary's University (San Antonio, Tex.). President's Peace Commission Program; DeMott, Joseph B. (San Antonio, Tex.). Immigration Law Office.; Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law of Texas (San Antonio, Tex.). Immigrant and Refugee Rights Project.
|活动注释：||Recorded April 1, 1998.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (46 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.|
|丛书名：||Children today, v. 4.; Children today: children and justice, v. 1.; St. Mary's University.; President's Peace Commission.; Children Today.|
|责任：||St. Mary's University, President's Peace Commission.|
Ms. Cecilia Aguilar, member of the President's Peace Commission, presents Dr. Nora V. Demleitner, professor at St. Mary's University School of Law, Mr. Terence S. Coonan, attorney-at-law for the Immigration Law Office of Joseph B. DeMott, and Mr. Peter Vallecillo, administrator of the Lawyer's Committee for Civil Rights Under Law of Texas. The speakers discuss current U.S. legal responses to three distinct problems affecting children of immigrants in this country: female circumcision, bonded child labor, and recent California and U.S. national initiatives toward curtailing welfare benefits, particularly for immigrants.
- Children of immigrants -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States.
- Child labor -- Developing countries.
- Child slaves.
- Female circumcision.
- English-only movement -- United States.
- English language -- Political aspects -- United States.
- Educational law and legislation -- United States.
- Education, Bilingual -- California.
- Minorities -- Education -- United States.
- Public welfare -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Public welfare -- Law and legislation -- California.
- United States. -- Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996.
- California. -- Proposition 187: Illegal Aliens.