Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Documentary television programs
Historical television programs
Nonfiction television programs
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Trials, litigation, etc
|Named Person:||Pete Hernández; Pete Hernández|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Carlos Sandoval; Peter Miller; Sharon Grimberg; Edward James Olmos; Allen Moore; Aaron Vega; Steven Schoenberg; Camino Bluff Productions.; Independent Television Service.; Latino Public Broadcasting (Firm); WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.); PBS Home Video.
|Language Note:||English or Spanish dialogue subtitled in English; optional Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned.|
|Notes:||Videodisc release of the 2009 television program.
Originally broadcast as part of the American experience television series.
Special features: "Making of" featurette with filmmaker interviews, behind the scenes footage, and photos; a slideshow of photographer Russell Lee's iconic images of Mexican American life in the 1940's; bonus scenes; materials for educators.
|Credits:||Director of photography, Allen Moore ; editor, Aaron Vega ; original music, Steven Schoenberg.|
|Performer(s):||Narrated by Edward James Olmos.|
|Target Audience:||Not rated.|
|Description:||1 videodisc (ca. 60 min.) : sd., col. and b&w ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Details:||DVD; NTSC, region 1; widescreen (enhanced for 16 x 9 televisions); Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.|
|Other Titles:||Mexican American civil rights story
American experience (Television program)
|Responsibility:||produced and directed by Carlos Sandoval and Peter Miller ; written by Carlos Sandoval ; a co-production of Camino Bluff Productions, Inc. and the Independent Television Service (ITVS), in association with Latino Public Broadcasting (LPB) for American experience ; [American experience is a production of WGBH Boston] ; senior producer [for the series], Sharon Grimberg.|
- Hernández, Pete -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- Trials (Murder) -- Texas -- Edna.
- Mexican Americans -- Civil rights -- Texas -- History -- 20th century.
- Mexican Americans -- Civil rights -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Chicano movement -- History -- 20th century.
- Edna (Tex.) -- Race relations -- 20th century.
- United States -- Race relations -- 20th century.
- Hernández, Pete.
- Chicano movement.
- Mexican Americans -- Civil rights.
- Race relations.
- Trials (Murder)
- Texas -- Edna.
- United States.
User lists with this item (12)
- Things to Check Out(5 items)
by gallardo06 updated 2015-01-29
- Streaming Media - VU Library(369 items)
by ViterboLibrary updated about 3 days ago
- UB DVDs 2008-2009(351 items)
by LangsdaleLibrary updated about a month ago
- American Experience for Hist DVD(40 items)
by mgottschalk updated 2014-03-27
- Civil rights dvd's(12 items)
by email@example.com updated 2014-01-30