Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Documentary television programs
Nonfiction television programs
|Named Person:||Jane Elliott|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William Peters; Charlie Cobb; Jane Elliott; Yale University. Films.; Consortium of Public Television Stations.; WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.); PBS Video.
|Language Note:||Closed captioned for the hearing impaired.|
|Notes:||Previously broadcast over PBS as a segment of Frontline.|
|Credits:||Director of photography, Floyd Freidus ; film editor, David Hanser.|
|Performer(s):||Host, Judy Woodruff.|
|Target Audience:||Ages 13 through adult.|
|Description:||1 videocassette (57 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in. + study guide (8 p. ; 28 cm.)|
|Contents:||"In 1970, a public school teacher in Riceville, Iowa, divided her all-white, all-Christian third-graders into blue and brown-eyed groups for a lesson in discrimination. On successive days, each group was treated as inferior and subjected to discriminatory treatment. This 'Frontline' reunites the teacher and class after 15 years to relate the enduring effects of their lesson." ---Cover.|
|Other Titles:||Frontline (Television program)
Eye of the storm (Motion picture)
|Responsibility:||produced and directed by William Peters ; correspondent, Charlie Cobb ; written by William Peters, Charlie Cobb ; a production of Yale University Films for Frontline ; produced for the Documentary Consortium by WGBH Boston.|
- Discrimination -- Study and teaching (Elementary) -- Iowa -- Evaluation.
- Race discrimination -- Study and teaching (Elementary) -- Iowa -- Evaluation.
- Prejudices in children -- Study and teaching (Elementary) -- Iowa -- Evaluation.
- Class reunions -- Iowa.
- Educational sociology.
- Discrimination in education -- Study and teaching (Elementary) -- Iowa -- Evaluation.
- Moral education -- Iowa -- Evaluation.
- Racism -- Study and teaching (Elementary) -- Iowa -- Riceville.
- Community Elementary School (Riceville, Iowa)
- Prejudices in children -- Prevention.
- United States -- Race relations.
- Films for the hearing impaired.
- Elliott, Jane.
- Eye of the storm (Motion picture)
- Race discrimination.