Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Some records pertain to Barnett's service as a trustee of Tuskegee Institute (1932-65), as special assistant to the U.S. secretary of agriculture (1942-52), and as board member of Phelps-Stokes Fund, of Booker T. Washington Institute in Liberia, of American Negro Exposition (1940 : Chicago), of Supreme Liberty Insurance Company, of Provident Hospital, of The Liberia Company, and of the American National Red Cross.
Persons who corresponded with ANP or with Barnett include J.V. Clinton, Henry B. Cole, Frank Marshall Davis, Rudolph Dunbar, Alice Dunnigan, Albon Holsey, Harry Levette, William Pickens, Percival L. Prattis, Emmanuel Racine, John C. Robinson, Alvin E. White, and editors and publishers of most African American newspapers, including Afro American (Baltimore, Md.), Amsterdam news (New York City), Atlanta daily world, Black dispatch (Okla.), Houston informer, Kansas City call (Mo.), New York age, Norfolk journal and guide, Philadelphia tribune, and Pittsburgh courier. Other correspondents include U.S. Representative Frances P. Bolton, Horace Mann Bond, Sherman Briscoe, George Washington Carver, E.M. Glucksman, Charles S. Johnson, Mordecai Johnson, Bishop Frederick D. Jordan, Robert R. Moton, Clarence Muse, Frederick D. Patterson, James E. Shepard, Jesse O. Thomas, Channing H. Tobias, President William V.S. Tubman of Liberia, and Annie M. Turnbo Malone.
- Barnett, Claude, -- 1889-1967 -- Archives.
- Barnett, Etta Moten, -- 1901-2004 -- Archives.
- Associated Negro Press -- Archives.
- World News Service (Chicago, Ill.)
- Provident Hospital (Chicago, Ill.)
- Supreme Liberty Life Insurance Company (Chicago, Ill.)
- Tuskegee Institute.
- African American business enterprises -- 20th century.
- African American journalists -- Illinois -- Chicago -- 20th century.
- African American journalists -- United States -- 20th century.
- African American clergy -- 20th century.
- African American nurses -- United States -- 20th century.
- African American women singers -- 20th century.
- African American press -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- 20th century.
- African American advertising agencies -- Illinois -- Chicago -- 20th century.
- African American families -- Illinois -- Chicago -- 20th century.
- Advertising -- United States -- 20th century.
- Beauty culture -- Illinois -- Chicago -- 20th century.
- Freedom of the press -- United States -- 20th century.
- Business insurance -- United States -- 20th century.
- March on Washington Movement (1940s)
- Newspaper publishing -- United States -- 20th century.
- Newspaper publishing -- Africa -- 20th century.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- African Americans.
- Africa -- Description and travel.
- Haiti -- Description and travel.
- Chicago (Ill.) -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
- United States -- Race relations -- 20th century.
- South Side (Chicago, Ill.)
- United States -- Armed Forces -- African Americans -- 20th century.
- United States -- Church history -- 20th century.
- Afro-American (Baltimore, Md. : National ed.)
- Amsterdam news.
- Atlanta daily world.
- Black dispatch.
- Houston informer.
- Kansas City call.
- New York age.
- Norfolk journal and guide.
- Philadelphia tribune.
- Pittsburgh courier.