|提及的人：||Alex Mathews Arnett; William Jennings Bryan; Josephus Daniels; Claude Kitchin; W G (William Gibbs) McAdoo; Woodrow Wilson|
|注意：||In the Southern Historical Collection, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (#406).|
|描述：||30,000 items (25.5 linear feet)|
The collection includes Kitchin's office files while he served as chairman of the Ways and Means Committee and House majority leader, particularly concerning his interests in the tariff; revenue bills, including war bonds and income tax; military defense; and opposition to United States entry into World War I. Correspondence documents committee issues and policy, constituent concerns, and local and state politics. There are a few earlier papers, mostly concerning North Carolina Populist-Democratic politics, 1896-1898, the Democratic Party in North Carolina, and prominent national figures. Also included are speeches and petitions, House bills, copies of the Congressional Record, clippings, letters of sympathy at his death, and notes and correspondence about Kitchin by Professor Alex Matthews Arnett (1888-1945).
- Arnett, Alex Mathews, -- 1888-1945.
- Bryan, William Jennings, -- 1860-1925.
- Daniels, Josephus, -- 1862-1948.
- Income tax -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Kitchin, Claude, -- 1869-1923.
- McAdoo, W. G. (William Gibbs), -- 1863-1941.
- Democratic Party (N.C.) -- History.
- Populist Party (N.C.) -- History.
- United States. -- Congress. -- House. -- Committee on Ways and Means.
- Tariff -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Participation, American.
- North Carolina -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950.
- United States -- Economic policy.
- United States -- History, Military -- 20th century.
- Liberty bonds.
- Wilson, Woodrow, -- 1856-1924.