Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Conference publication, Document, Government publication, International government publication, National government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
B C Bates; Zbigniew Kundzewicz; Shaohong Wu; Jean Palutikof; Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Working Group II.
|Notes:||Description based on contents (viewed on Feb. 11, 2009); title from PDF title page.
This Technical Paper was requested by IPCC Plenary in response to suggestions by the World Climate Programme - Water, the Dialogue on Water and other organisations concerned with the provision of water. It was prepared under the auspices of the IPCC Chair, Dr. R.K. Pachauri. The Bureau of the IPCC authorised its release to the public in its 37th Session in Budapest in April 2008. -- p. [ix]
Co-editors: Zbigniew W. Kundzewicz, Shaohong Wu, Jean Palutikof.
|Description:||214 p. : digital PDF file, col. ill., col. maps, charts, tables ; 7.11 MB.|
|Details:||Mode of access: World Wide Web.|
|Contents:||1. Introduction to climate change and water (Background --
The context of the Technical Paper: socio-economic and environmental conditions) --
2. Observed and projected changes in climate as they relate to water ( Observed changes in climate as they relate to water --
Influences and feedbacks of hydrological changes on climate --
Projected changes in climate as they relate to water) --
3. Linking climate change and water resources: impacts and responses (Observed climate change impacts --
Future changes in water availability and demand due to climate change --
Water-related adaptation to climate change: an overview) --
4. Climate change and water resources in systems and sectors (Ecosystems and biodiversity --
Agriculture and food security, land use and forestry --
Human health --
Water supply and sanitation --
Settlements and infrastructure --
Economy: insurance, tourism, industry, transportation) --
5. Analysing regional aspects of climate change and water resources (Africa --
Australia and New Zealand --
Latin America --
North America --
Polar regions --
Small islands) --
6. Climate change mitigation measures and water (Introduction --
Sector-specific mitigation --
Effects of water management policies and measures on GHG emissions and mitigation) --
7. Implications for policy and sustainable development (Implication for policy by sector --
The main water-related projected impacts by regions --
Implications for climate mitigation policy --
Implications for sustainable development) --
8. Gaps in knowledge and suggestions for further work (Observational needs --
Understanding climate projections and their impacts --
Adaptation and mitigation).
|Series Title:||IPCC technical paper, 6.|
|Responsibility:||edited by Bryson Bates, Zbigniew W. Kundzewicz, Shaohong Wu, Jean Palutikof.|
- Climatic changes -- Research -- Congresses.
- Water-supply -- Research.
- Climatic changes -- Forecasting -- Congresses.
- Water-supply -- Forecasting.
- Global warming -- Congresses.
- Water -- Congresses.
- Climatic changes -- Forecasting.
- Climatic changes -- Research.
- Global warming.