Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
S C Pryor
|ISBN:||9780253006820 0253006821 9780253007742 0253007747|
|Description:||xvi, 266 pages,  pages of plates : color illustrations, maps ; 27 cm|
|Contents:||1. Climate change impacts, risks, vulnerability and adaptation: an introduction / S.C. Pryor --
2. The Midwestern United States: socio-economic context and physical climate / S.C. Pryor and R.J. Barthelmie --
3. Vulnerability and adaptability of agricultural systems in the southeast United States to climate variability and climate change / K.T. Ingram [and others] --
4. Uncertainty and hysteresis in adapting to global climate change / J. Zhao --
5. Climate-agriculture vulnerability assessment for the Midwestern United States / D. Niyogi and V. Mishra --
6. Potential future impacts of climate on row crop production in the Great Lakes region / J.A. Andresen [and others] --
7. Vulnerability of soil carbon reservoirs in the Midwest to climate change / Z. Pan, D. Andrade, and N. Gosselin --
8. Michigan's tart cherry industry: vulnerability to climate variability and change / J.A. Winkler [and others] --
9. Climate change vulnerability and impacts on human health / S.C. Grady --
10. Intra-urban variations in vulnerability associated with extreme heat events in relationship to a changing climate / D.P. Johnson, V. Lulla, and A.C. Stanforth --
11. Historical and projected changes in human heat stress in the midwestern United States / J.T. Schoof --
12. Vulnerability of the electricity and water sectors to climate change in the Midwest / D.J. Gotham, J.R. Angel, and S.C. Pryor --
13. The drought risk management paradigm in the context of climate change / M. Hayes --
14. Local adaptation to changing flood vulnerability in the Midwest / C.J. Anderson --
15. The response of Great Lakes water levels and potential impacts of future climate scenarios / J.R. Angel --
16. Vulnerability of the energy system to extreme wind speeds and icing / S.C. Pryor and R.J. Barthelmie --
17. Climate change impacts, risks, vulnerability and adaptation in the Midwestern United States: what next? / S.C. Pryor and R.J. Barthelmie.
|Responsibility:||edited by S.C. Pryor.|
"This volume is well organized, written, and edited... Recommended." -Choice "When writing about climate change, scientists are often challenged with focusing on either specific academic audiences or
- Climatic changes -- Middle West.
- Climatic changes -- Risk assessment -- Middle West.
- Plants -- Effect of global warming on -- Middle West.
- Vegetation and climate.
- Middle West -- Climate.
- Water levels -- Great Lakes (North America)
- Climatic changes.
- Climatic changes -- Risk assessment.
- Plants -- Effect of global warming on.
- Water levels.
- Great Lakes.
- Middle West.