Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Government publication, State or province government publication|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
S C Pryor
|Description:||xvi, 266 pages,  pages of plates : color illustrations, maps ; 27 cm|
|Contents:||1. Climate change impacts, risks, vulnerability and adaptation: an introduction / S.C. Pryor --
2. The Midwestern United States: socio-economic context and physical climate / S.C. Pryor and R.J. Barthelmie --
3. Vulnerability and adaptability of agricultural systems in the southeast United States to climate variability and climate change / K.T. Ingram [and others] --
4. Uncertainty and hysteresis in adapting to global climate change / J. Zhao --
5. Climate-agriculture vulnerability assessment for the Midwestern United States / D. Niyogi and V. Mishra --
6. Potential future impacts of climate on row crop production in the Great Lakes region / J.A. Andresen [and others] --
7. Vulnerability of soil carbon reservoirs in the Midwest to climate change / Z. Pan, D. Andrade, and N. Gosselin --
8. Michigan's tart cherry industry: vulnerability to climate variability and change / J.A. Winkler [and others] --
9. Climate change vulnerability and impacts on human health / S.C. Grady --
10. Intra-urban variations in vulnerability associated with extreme heat events in relationship to a changing climate / D.P. Johnson, V. Lulla, and A.C. Stanforth --
11. Historical and projected changes in human heat stress in the midwestern United States / J.T. Schoof --
12. Vulnerability of the electricity and water sectors to climate change in the Midwest / D.J. Gotham, J.R. Angel, and S.C. Pryor --
13. The drought risk management paradigm in the context of climate change / M. Hayes --
14. Local adaptation to changing flood vulnerability in the Midwest / C.J. Anderson --
15. The response of Great Lakes water levels and potential impacts of future climate scenarios / J.R. Angel --
16. Vulnerability of the energy system to extreme wind speeds and icing / S.C. Pryor and R.J. Barthelmie --
17. Climate change impacts, risks, vulnerability and adaptation in the Midwestern United States: what next? / S.C. Pryor and R.J. Barthelmie.
|Responsibility:||edited by S.C. Pryor.|
"The contributors are among the best in their field.... The lessons here will separate the winners and losers of the future. It is my hope that enough people read this book so that a positive impact
- Climatic changes -- Middle West.
- Climatic changes -- Environmental aspects -- Middle West.
- Climatic changes -- Risk assessment -- Middle West.
- Plants -- Effect of global warming on -- Middle West.
- Vegetation and climate.
- Middle West -- Climate.
- Water levels -- Great Lakes (North America)
- Climatic changes.
- Climatic changes -- Environmental aspects.
- Climatic changes -- Risk assessment.
- Plants -- Effect of global warming on.
- Water levels.
- Great Lakes.
- Middle West.