Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on the Strategic Assessment of the U.S. Department of Energy's Coal Program.
Washington, D.C. : National Academy Press, 1995
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on the Strategic Assessment of the U.S. Department of Energy's Coal Program.|
|Description:||xi, 288 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm|
|Contents:||1. Introduction and Scope of the Study --
2. Overview of U.S. Department of Energy Programs and Planning --
3. Trends and Issues for Future Coal Use --
4. The Strategic Planning Framework --
5. Coal Preparation, Coal-Liquid Mixtures, and Coalbed Methane Recovery --
6. Clean Fuels and Specialty Products from Coal --
7. Electric Power Generation --
8. Technology Demonstration and Commercialization --
9. Advanced Research Programs --
10. Conclusions and Recommendations --
App. A: Project Description --
App. B: The Energy Policy Act of 1992 --
App. C: DOE Budget Data --
App. D: Environmental Issues Affecting Coal Use --
App. E: CCT Demonstration Projects --
App. F: Committee Meetings and Activities --
App. G: Biographical Sketches of Committee Members.
|Responsibility:||Committee on the Strategic Assessment of the U.S. Department of Energy's Coal Program, Board on Energy and Environmental Systems, Commission on Engineering and Technical Systems, National Research Council.|
The volume evaluates DOE Fossil Energy R & D programs in key areas such as electric power generation and conversion of coal to clean fuels and specialty products.