Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||T J Cobden-Sanderson; John Henry Nash; George Watson Cole; T J Cobden-Sanderson|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John Henry Nash; Alfred W Pollard; Edward Johnston; Bruce Rogers; T J Cobden-Sanderson; Pforzheimer Bruce Rogers Collection (Library of Congress)
|Notes:||"Edition of 339 numbered copies"--Colophon.
COLOPHON: John Henry Nash certifies that this copy of Cobden-Sanderson and the Doves Press is one of an edition of 339 numbered copies. The type used is Cloister Lightface, a recutting of Nicolas Jenson's Roman Letter, by Morris Fuller Benton, who also cut the accompanying Italic. Inserted in each copy is a leaf of Doves Press printing, twenty-seven of which are vellum.
LC has copy no. 161.
|Description:||xviii, 35 pages : 1 sample ; 32 cm|
|Contents:||A note by the printer / John Henry Nash --
The ideal book / T.J. Cobden-Sanderson --
The Doves Press / Alfred W. Pollard --
On a master craftsman by a scribe who worked for him / by Edward Johnston --
A list of the Doves Press printings.
|Responsibility:||told by Alfred W. Pollard ; the character of the man set forth by his faithful scribe Edward Johnston with the ideal book or book beautiful by Thomas James Cobden-Sanderson and a list of the Doves Press printings.|
- Cobden-Sanderson, T. J. -- (Thomas James), -- 1840-1922.
- Doves Press.
- Doves Press -- Bibliography.
- Nash, John Henry, -- 1871-1947 -- Presentation inscription to G. W. Cole.
- Cole, George Watson, -- 1850-1939 -- Presentation inscription from J. H. Nash.
- Printing -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.
- Hammersmith (London, England) -- Imprints.
- Private presses -- Great Britain.
- Private presses.
- England -- London -- Hammersmith.
- Great Britain.