Trouver un exemplaire dans la bibliothèque
Recherche de bibliothèques qui possèdent cet ouvrage...
|Personne nommée :||L Frank Baum; Walter Besant, Sir; Gelett Burgess; Moncure Daniel Conway; James Fenimore Cooper; Olive Tilford Dargan; W W Denslow; Finley Peter Dunne; Ralph Waldo Emerson; Harold Frederic; Harry Gosling; Bret Harte; Francis Hueffer; James Huneker; Charles Kingsley; Rudyard Kipling; Paul Lemperly; William McKinley; Leonard Merrick; Theodore Roosevelt; William Clark Russell; Siegfried Sassoon; Clement King Shorter; Robert Louis Stevenson; Fabian Arthur Goulstone Ware; Alexander Pollock Watt; Walt Whitman|
|Format :||Document mixte|
|Tous les auteurs / collaborateurs :||
Solton and Julia Engel
|Numéro OCLC :||309773426|
|Description :||4.5 linear ft. ( 162 items in 4 boxes)|
Ten letters and four manuscripts of poems by Rudyard Kipling form the largest unit within the collection. Prominent among the other items are the manuscript of Robert Louis Stevenson's "Mock Trial" and two Walt Whitman letters, a copy of R. W. Emerson's famous "Leaves of Grass" letter in Whitman's hand and Whitman's letter to Conway regarding the Emerson letter. Also included is a letter from James Fenimore Cooper to Mrs. Peter Augustus Jay. Thirty-one of the drawings in the collection are by William Wallace Denslow and John Rae Neill and represent illustrations done for various works by L. Frank Baum. There are also two drawings of Gelett Burgess, one ot "The Goop" and the other of "The Purple Cow." Castings of the obverse and reverse of the bronze Kipling medallion commissioned by Engel in 1953 from Julio Kilenyi are stored in 2 oversize boxes. Most of the items in this collection relate to a collection of first editions which was also presented to the Libraries by Mr. and Mrs. Engel.
1989 addition: A group of Bret Harte manuscripts. Galley proofs, with autograph corrections, of "Artemis in Sierra," "'Crotalus.' Rattlesnake Bar, Sierras," and "The Thought-Reader of Angels"; typescripts, with autograph corrections, of "The Mission Bells of Monterey", "'Prairie Station.' Nebraska 1880," and "A Question of Privilege"; page proof, with autograph corrections, of "The Old Camp Fire"; autograph manuscript, signed, of "'Prairie Station.' Nebraska 1880."
1995 addition: Bound manuscript of "The Ivory Gate" by Sir Walter Besant.
1996 addition: Manuscript of "Cordelia and the Moon" by Harold Frederick.
1997 addition: Manuscripts of "The Shrinking Shoe" & "Beyond the Dreams of Avarice" by Sir Walter Besant and "The True Great" by Charles Kingsley. One letter from Kipling to Mrs George Schofield, fifteen letters from W. Clark Russell and one from Mrs W. Clark Russell. Manuscript of "The Worldlings" by Leonard Merrick.
1998 addition: Five manuscripts by J.G. Huneker and a Mr Dooley essay by Finley Peter Dunne. Kipling letter to G. Delany.
1999 addition: Nine letters and sketches by Rudyard Kipling. One letter from Siegfried Sassoon to Paul Lemperly.
Sujets associés :(34)
- Baum, L. Frank -- (Lyman Frank), -- 1856-1919.
- Besant, Walter, -- Sir, -- 1836-1901.
- Burgess, Gelett, -- 1866-1951.
- Conway, Moncure Daniel, -- 1832-1907.
- Cooper, James Fenimore, -- 1789-1851.
- Dargan, Olive Tilford, -- 1869-1968.
- Denslow, W. W. -- (William Wallace), -- 1856-1915.
- Dunne, Finley Peter, -- 1867-1936.
- Emerson, Ralph Waldo, -- 1803-1882.
- Frederic, Harold, -- 1856-1898.
- Gosling, Harry, -- 1861-1930.
- Harte, Bret, -- 1836-1902.
- Hueffer, Francis, -- 1843-1889.
- Huneker, James, -- 1857-1921.
- Kingsley, Charles, -- 1819-1875.
- Kipling, Rudyard, -- 1865-1936.
- Lemperly, Paul, -- 1858-1939.
- McKinley, William, -- 1843-1901.
- Merrick, Leonard, -- 1864-1939.
- Roosevelt, Theodore, -- 1858-1919.
- Russell, William Clark, -- 1844-1911.
- Sassoon, Siegfried, -- 1886-1967.
- Shorter, Clement King, -- 1857-1926.
- Stevenson, Robert Louis, -- 1850-1894.
- Ware, Fabian Arthur Goulstone, -- 1869-1949.
- Watt, Alexander Pollock, -- 1834-1914.
- Whitman, Walt, -- 1819-1892.
- American literature -- 19th century.
- American literature -- 20th century.
- Detective and mystery stories.
- English literature -- 19th century.
- English literature -- 20th century.
- Poets, English.
- Poets, American.