Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Early works to 1800
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William Dampier; Lionel Wafer; William Ambrosia Cowley, Captain; Bartholomew Sharpe, Captain; A Roberts; William Funnell; William Marsden; John Knapton; James Knapton
|Notes:||Vol 1. is entitled: "A collection of voyages. In four volumes ... Illustrated with maps and draughts: also several birds, fishes and plants ... ", according to ESTC.
This is a collected edition (with additions), in 4v., of Dampier's voyages, previously published in separate volumes, London, 1698 to 1709.
Vol. 3 is divided into three parts, each with its own title-page, but with a single pagination sequence. Pt. 1 is entitled: "A voyage to New Holland, &c. in the year 1699 ..." Pt.2 is entitled: " A continuation of a Voyage to New Holland ... ", &c. Pt. 3 is entitled: "A new voyage and description of the isthmus of America ... by Lionel Wafer."
Vol. 4 has title: "A collection of voyages. vol. IV. Containing I.A voyage round the world. Being an account of Capt. William Dampier's expedition into the South seas ... By W. Funnell, mate to Capt. Dampier. II. Capt. Cowley's voyage ... III. Capt. Sharp's journey ... IV. Capt. Wood's voyage ... V. Mr. Robert's adventures ..."
Parts II-V of v. 4 are a reprint, with separate title-page and pagination sequence, of Hacke's Collection of original voyages, London, 1699.
|Description:||3 volumes : illustrations (maps, folded maps, charts, plates) ; 21 cm|
|Other Titles:||Collection of voyages|
|Responsibility:||by Capt. William Dampier.|
- Voyages around the world -- Early works to 1800.
- Voyages and travels -- Early works to 1800.
- Buccaneers -- Early works to 1800.
- Winds -- Early works to 1800.
- Tides -- Early works to 1800.
- Natural history -- Pre-Linnean works.
- Latin America -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Australia -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Philippines -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Natural history.
- Voyages and travels.
- Voyages around the world.
- Latin America.