Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Harvard University. Corporation.|
|Notes:||Access may be restricted. Details available at the repository.
College book no. 2, known as the Old Overseers' book, lost in the Library fire of 1764. For College book no. 5, 1693-1713, which contains Treasurer Thomas Thomas Brattle's accounts and letters, see Harvard University. Treasurer (UAI50.15.56)
College book no. 1, 1639-1795, referred to as the Long college book, contains a list of graduates, College laws of 1734, library rules and regulations and a catalog of books, the College charter of 1650, as well as Corporation minutes and other records.
College book no. 3, 1636-1779, was begun by Treasurer Thomas Danforth, and includes much of the material in books 1 and 2, as well as other records that have been lost. Subsequent to 1686 it contains inventories and plans of college estates entered by President Wadsworth and Holyoke.
College book no. 4, 1686-1750, includes the Act of Incorporation of Harvard College, 1692, and Corporation records dating mainly from 1692 to 1708, with a few for 1686 to 1791, entered by President John Leverett.
College book no. 6, 1727-1779 and 1790, known as the Hollis book, was begun by Wadsworth to preserve a record of Hollis donations and scholars, 1719-1737.
College books nos. 7 to 10, 1750-1827, contain only Corporation records.
- Harvard College (1636-1780).
- Harvard University. -- Corporation.
- Harvard University. -- Treasurer.
- Harvard University -- Administration.
- Harvard University -- History -- 17th century.
- Harvard University -- History -- 18th century.
- Universities and colleges -- Administration.
- Universities and colleges -- Law and legislation.
- Massachusetts -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.