Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
College libraries and student culture.
Chicago : American Library Association, 2011
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Lynda M Duke; Andrew D Asher
|ISBN:||9780838993576 0838993575 9780838993583 0838993583|
|Description:||1 online resource (xi, 191 p.) : ill.|
|Contents:||Ethnographic research in Illinois academic libraries : the ERIAL Project / Andrew D. Asher, Susan Miller, and David Green --
Pragmatism and idealism in the academic library : an analysis of faculty and librarian expectations and values / Mary Thill --
Marketing the library's instructional services to teaching faculty : learning from teaching faculty interviews / Annie Armstrong --
Why don't students ask librarians for help? : undergraduate help-seeking behavior in three academic libraries / Susan Miller and Nancy Murillo --
Searching for answers : student research behavior at Illinois Wesleyan University / Andrew D. Asher and Lynda M. Duke --
Supporting the academic success of Hispanic students / David Green --
First-generation college students : a sketch of their research process / Firouzeh Logan and Elizabeth Pickard --
Seeing ourselves as others see us : library spaces through student eyes / Jane Treadwell, Amanda Binder, and Natalie Tagge --
Transformative changes in thinking, services, and programs / Lynda M. Duke --
Conclusions and future research / Andrew D. Asher and Lynda M. Duke.
|Responsibility:||[edited by] Lynda M. Duke and Andrew D. Asher.|
- Ethnographic Research in Illinois Academic Libraries Project.
- Academic libraries -- Illinois -- Use studies.
- College students -- Illinois -- Attitudes.
- Academic libraries -- Relations with faculty and curriculum -- Illinois.
- Academic libraries -- Services to minorities -- Illinois.
- Research -- Methodology -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Illinois.
- Information behavior -- Illinois -- Case studies.
- Libraries and colleges -- Illinois -- Case studies.
- Libraries and students -- Illinois -- Case studies.
- Libraries and teachers -- Illinois -- Case studies.
- Academic libraries.
- Library Science.
- LANGUAGE ARTS & DISCIPLINES -- Library & Information Science -- Archives & Special Libraries.