Jeffrey J Selingo
|描述：||xviii, 238 pages ; 24 cm|
|内容：||pt. 1. How we got here --
The great credential race --
The customer is always right --
The trillion-dollar problem --
pt. 2. The disruption --
The five disruptive forces that will change higher education forever --
A personalized education --
The online revolution --
pt. 3. The future --
The student swirl --
Degrees of value --
The skills of the future --
Why college? --
Future forward --
Checklist for the future.
|責任：||Jeffrey J. Selingo.|
What is the value of a college degree if it leaves you with few job prospects in a tough economy and buried in debt? This book asks the burning question on every prospective student, parent, and new graduate's mind. Student loan debt in the United States crossed the $1 trillion mark in 2011. To say that the cost of a four-year college education is inflated on many campuses would be an understatement, and that education bubble is about to burst. He the author, a journalist and editor-in-chief of the Chronicle for Higher Education, argues that colleges can no longer sell a four-year degree as the ticket to success in life. This work exposes the dire pitfalls in the current state of higher education for anyone concerned with the intellectual and financial future of America.
- Education, Higher -- Aims and objectives -- United States.
- Universities and colleges -- United States.
- College students -- United States.
- Educational planning -- United States.
- College students.
- Education, Higher -- Aims and objectives.
- Educational planning.
- Universities and colleges.
- United States.
- Things to Check Out(2 資料)
由 cnicol0 已更新 2014-11-12
- Waugh bibliography(20 資料)
由 gsgray 已更新 2014-09-24
- Back to School Display(23 資料)
由 Blove2 已更新 2014-08-06
- Philosophy & Future of Higher Ed - Professor's Corner(66 資料)
由 cenm1929 已更新 大約三週前
- Paul's Digital Reading List(25 資料)
由 PreusLibrary 已更新 2014-05-06