Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Material Type:||Government publication, State or province government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Kevin J Hayes
|Description:||xv, 216 pages ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||Reading women --
Devotional books --
Conduct books --
Housewifery, physick, midwifery --
Facts and fictions --
|Responsibility:||Kevin J. Hayes.|
Despite major advances in women's history, literary history, and the history of the book, the intellectual life of women in colonial America has been a largely neglected area of scholarship. Kevin J. Hayes draws upon an impressive array of primary materials to describe in detail the kinds of books these women read and the reasons why they read them.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Women -- Books and reading -- United States -- History -- 17th century.
- Women -- Books and reading -- United States -- History -- 18th century.
- Women -- Books and reading.
- United States.
- Geschichte -- 1600-1700
- Women -- Books and reading -- United States -- History -- 17th century
- Women -- Books and reading -- United States -- History -- 18th century