Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Robert Cotton, Sir; Pre-1650 Manuscript Collection (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library); University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Rare Book & Manuscript Library.
|Language Note:||English and Latin.|
Caption title (fol. 1r).
Layout: Written in long lines (number per leaf varies) in a single column; frame-ruled; fol. 21r-22v blank.
Binding: Modern paper boards; original parchment wrapper bound in.
Origin: Written in England in the first half of the 17th century; the date 1648 appears on the original parchment wrapper. A version of the first item (The Commons right, in point of judicature) exists as British Library MS Add. 27987, fol. 51.
Provenance: 1. Pasted on the original parchment wrapper is a small, diamond-shaped paper label with "223" written in ink -- 2. Purchased from Norman, 18 July 1947.
Shelf-mark: Urbana, IL, University of Illinois Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Pre-1650 MS 0164.
|Description:||22 leaves : paper ; 226 x 187 mm. bound to 235 x 197 mm.|
|Contents:||1. fol. 1r-3v: The Commons right, in point of judicature --
2. fol. 4r-9v: De Parliamento gradus --
3. fol. 10r-11v: [Partial diary of events in Parliament, May 17 to 30 November 1621] --
4. fol. 12r-20v: Mo sub in Anglia --
1640 usq[ue] ad 1649.
- England and Wales. -- Parliament. -- House of Commons.
- England and Wales. -- Parliament.
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1603-1714 -- Sources.
- Manuscripts, English -- Illinois -- Urbana -- Specimens.
- Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern) -- Illinois -- Urbana -- Specimens.
- Manuscripts, English.
- Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern)
- Politics and government
- Great Britain.
- Illinois -- Urbana.