Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Berkeley : University of California Press, 2012
|Material Type:||Government publication, State or province government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||1 online resource (xvii, 222 pages)|
|Contents:||Value brands --
they ain't what they used to be --
Strategic philanthropy, cause marketing, and CSR : how corporations co-opt caring --
The birth of the uber charity and the rise of charitainment --
The consequences of co-opting compassion --
Shopping is not philanthropy. Period --
Can companies make a difference? --
We are not consumers.
"Einstein has the unenviable task of reminding us that shopping is not philanthropy. The consumer marketplace is increasingly becoming the mechanism for funding organizations that do charitable work,
- Social responsibility of business -- United States.
- Consumer behavior -- Moral and ethical aspects -- United States.
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Commercial Policy
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Consumer Behavior
- SOCIAL SCIENCE / Sociology / General
- Consumer behavior -- Moral and ethical aspects.
- Social responsibility of business.
- United States.