Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Records and correspondence
|Material Type:||Government publication, National government publication|
|All Authors / Contributors:||United States. National Archives and Records Administration.|
|Notes:||Record Group 94, Records of the Adjutant General's Office, 1780's-1917.
Contains reproduced compiled military service records of volunteer Union soldiers belonging to the 2nd through the 7th United States Colored Infantry units, including the 3rd Tennessee Volunteers (African Descent) and the 6th and 7th Louisiana Infantries (African Descent). These units were part of the United States Colored Troops (USCT). There are alos miscellaneous service cards arranged alphabetically by surname at the end of the unit records.
|Description:||116 microfilm reels : positive ; 35 mm.|
|Contents:||reels 51-67. 5th United States Colored Infantry ; 5th United States Colored Infantry miscellaneous service cards|
|Series Title:||National Archives microfilm publications., M ;, microcopy no. 1820.|
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Participation, African American.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- African American troops -- Registers.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources.
- United States. -- Army. -- Colored Infantry Regiment, 5th (1863-1865)
- Military service, Voluntary -- United States -- History -- Registers.
- African American soldiers -- Records and correspondence.
- African American soldiers.
- Military participation -- African American.
- Military service, Voluntary.
- United States.