|提及的人：||Theodor W Adorno; Walter Benjamin; Theodor W Adorno; Theodor W Adorno; Walter Benjamin; Theodor W Adorno; Walter Benjamin|
Theodor W Adorno; Henri Lonitz; Walter Benjamin
|ISBN:||0674154274 9780674154278 0674006895 9780674006898|
|語言註釋：||Translation of: Briefwechsel, 1928-1940.|
|描述：||viii, 383 p. ; 25 cm.|
|責任：||Theodor W. Adorno and Walter Benjamin ; edited by Henri Lonitz ; translated by Nicholas Walker.|
"The correspondence between Walter Benjamin and Theodor W. Adorno, which appears here for the first time in its entirety in English translation, must rank among the most significant to have come down to us from that notable age of barbarism, the twentieth century. Benjamin and Adorno formed a uniquely powerful pair, Benjamin, riddle-like in his personality and given to tactical evasion, and Adorno full of his own importance, alternately support and compete with each other throughout the correspondence, until its imminent tragic end becomes apparent to both writers. Each had met his match, and happily, in the other. This book is the story of an elective affinity. Adorno was the only person who managed to sustain an intimate intellectual relationship with Benjamin for nearly twenty years. No one else, not even Gershom Scholem, coaxed so much out of Benjamin." "The more than one hundred letters in this book will allow readers to trace the developing character of Benjamin's and Adorno's attitudes toward each other and toward their many friends."--BOOK JACKET.
- Adorno, Theodor W., -- 1903-1969 -- Correspondence.
- Benjamin, Walter, -- 1892-1940 -- Correspondence.
- Philosophers, Modern -- Germany -- Correspondence.
- Authors, German -- 20th century -- Correspondence.
- Adorno, Theodor W. -- (Theodor Wiesengrund), -- 1903-1969 -- Correspondence.
- Adorno, Theodor W., -- 1903-1969 -- Correspondance.
- Benjamin, Walter, -- 1892-1940 -- Correspondance.
- Philosophes -- Allemagne -- Correspondance.
- Écrivains allemands -- 20e siècle -- Correspondance.
- Adorno, Theodor W.
- Benjamin, Walter.