Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Don Fersh; Peter W Thomas
|Description:||xv, 261 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm|
|Contents:||Foreword / J. Robert Kerrey --
Ch. 1. The Disabled Become Enabled --
Ch. 2. The Purpose and Provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act --
Ch. 3. A Blueprint for Change --
Ch. 4. The Principal Employment Concepts of the ADA --
Ch. 5. The ADA Mandate for Nondiscrimination --
Ch. 6. Requirements of Places of Public Accommodation and State and Local Governments --
Ch. 7. The Role of the Employer and Human Resource Manager --
Ch. 8. Gaining a Better Awareness of the Applicant and New Employee --
Ch. 9. The Age of Reason --
Reasonable Accommodation --
Ch. 10. New Rights of People with Disabilities --
Ch. 11. ADA Enforcement: The Employer's Defenses and the Employee's Remedies --
Ch. 12. Perspectives on the ADA --
Appendix: Federal and National Association Resources.
|Responsibility:||Don Fersh and Peter W. Thomas ; foreword by J. Robert Kerrey.|
"This guidebook presents clear, concise information about the totality of the Americans with Disabilities Act--from inception to implementation. It is a useful resource for rehabilitation
- People with disabilities -- Employment -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Discrimination against people with disabilities -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- People with disabilities -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States.
- Disabled -- legislation & jurisprudence.
- United States.
- Discrimination against people with disabilities -- Law and legislation.
- People with disabilities -- Employment -- Law and legislation.
- People with disabilities -- Legal status, laws, etc.