|提及的人：||Robert M Metcalfe|
Stephen Segaller; Robert X Cringely; Robert M Metcalfe; Scott McNealy; Bill Gates; Steve Ballmer; John Doerr; Norman Abramson; Larry Tesler; Larry Ellison; Andy Bechtolsheim; Bill Joy; Eric Schmidt; Len Bosack; Scott Oki; Oregon Public Broadcasting.; PBS Video.
|制作人员：||Editor, Bruce Barrow ; camera, Greg Bond ; music, Michael Bard.|
|演员：||Host: Robert X. Cringely.
Commentary: Bob Metcalfe, Norm Abramson, Larry Tesler, Bill Gates, Larry Ellison, Andy Bechtolsheim, Vinod Khosla, Scott McNealy, Bill Joy, Eric Schmidt, Drew Major, Willie Donahoo, David Bradford, Bob Glaser, Scott Oki, Steve Ballmer, Jon Shirley, John McAfee, John Doerr, Sandy Lerner, Len Bosack, Don Valentine.
|描述：||1 videocassette (60 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.|
|丛书名：||Nerds 2.0.1, a brief history of the Internet, pt. 2.|
|其他题名：||Serving the suits|
|责任：||Oregon Public Broadcasting ; produced and directed by Stephen Segaller ; written by Robert X. Cringely, John Gau, and Stephen Segaller.|
Part two of a three-part series in which Bob Cringely, a self-proclaimed nerd and industry gossip columnist, leads viewers in an examination of the exciting industry known as the Internet. This episode deals with the advent of personal computers and the need to develop them into a network, and with the person who was the first to do that, Bob Metcalfe, founder of 3Com. Following shortly after a number of other companies, including Sun Systems, Novell, Microsoft, and Cisco entered the picture, and a volatile competitive market was created.
- 3Com Corporation -- History.
- Sun Microsystems -- History.
- Novell Corporation -- History.
- Cisco Systems, Inc. -- History.
- Microsoft Corporation -- History.
- Internet -- History.
- Computer industry -- United States -- History.
- Computer networks -- United States -- History.
- Information superhighway -- United States -- History.
- World Wide Web -- History.
- Interactive computer systems -- United States -- History.
- Electronic commerce.
- Metcalfe, Robert M., -- 1946-
- Films for the hearing impaired.