Personal narratives, French
Convoy to Auschwitz.
Boston : Northeastern University Press, c1997
|描述：||xv, 220 p. : 25 cm.|
|丛书名：||Women's life writings from around the world.|
|其他题名：||Convoi du 24 janvier.|
|责任：||Charlotte Delbo ; translated by Carol Cosman ; introduction by John Felstiner.|
Now available in English for the first time, this haunting volume is Delbo's testament to those who formed the convoy to the hell that was Auschwitz. The prisoners came from all regions of France and represented a wide range of social backgrounds and political views. With a gripping simplicity and poignancy, Delbo recounts the unique life history of each woman, from her childhood to her involvement in the Resistance, from her arrest to her horrifying experience in the concentration camp. Collectively, these stories are a powerful and stirring reminder of the atrocities perpetrated by the Nazis.
- Auschwitz (Concentration camp)
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, French.
- Women political prisoners -- France -- Biography.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Underground movements -- France.
- Women prisoners of war -- France -- Biography.
- Women concentration camp inmates -- France -- Biography.
- Underground movements, War.
- Women political prisoners.