Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Designs and plans
|Named Person:||Samuel Sloan|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Walter Cope; John Stewardson; Emlyn Lamar Stewardson; George Bispham Page; Robert Rodes McGoodwin; Charles Z Klauder; Charles Custis Harrison; Cope & Stewardson.; Stewardson and Page.; Trautwein and Howard.
|Description:||Architectural drawings 3760 sheets : various media.|
|Other Titles:||Cope & Stewardson collection|
The collection does not include any drawings for buildings on any other college or university campus. Other projects represented in the collection include hospitals, commercial buildings and houses. Samuel Sloan's design for Episcopal Hospital, Philadelphia, is documented in a set of 1926 Stewardson and Page survey drawings of existing buildings. Also noteworthy are two Philadelphia commercial buildings designed by Cope & Stewardson in 1893 for Charles Custis Harrison, who later became provost of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Cope & Stewardson.
- Stewardson and Page.
- Sloan, Samuel, -- 1815-1884.
- University of Pennsylvania -- Buildings -- Designs and plans.
- Architects -- Archives.
- Architectural design -- History -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Architectural design -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
- Architectural drawing -- United States.
- Architecture -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Designs and plans.
- Architecture -- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Designs and plans.
- College buildings -- Designs and plans.
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- History -- Sources.