|提及的人：||Aaron Burr; DeWitt Clinton; James Clinton; Smith Thompson; Ezra L'Hommedieu; Daniel J Tompkins; Vernon Henry; William Peter Van Ness|
Francis Newton Thorpe
|描述：||0.21 linear ft. (1 box)|
|其他題名：||Constitutional Convention of the State of New York copybook,
Proceedings of the Constitutional Convention of the State of New York copybook,
This volume is a handwritten copy executed by Francis Newton Thorpe, a historian of early American government, of the proceedings of the New York State Constitutional Convention of 1801. The copybook is dated July 25, 1888, and although the text comprises 58 pages, it is a direct copy of the original 42 page journal. The original journal was printed by John Barber, the printer to the Convention, in 1801. The volume relates the discrepancy between the nominating powers of the governor and the Council of Appointment. Aaron Burr, DeWitt Clinton, James Clinton, Smith Thompson, Ezra L'Hommedieu, Daniel J. Tompkins, Vernon Henry, and William P. Van Ness were delegates in attendance. The copybook is in good condition, but much of Thorpe's handwriting is difficult to read.
- New York (State). -- Constitutional Convention -- (1801)
- Burr, Aaron, -- 1756-1836.
- Clinton, DeWitt, -- 1769-1828.
- Clinton, James, -- 1736-1812.
- Thompson, Smith, -- 1768-1843.
- L'Hommedieu, Ezra, -- 1734-1811.
- Tompkins, Daniel J.
- Henry, Vernon.
- Van Ness, William Peter, -- 1778-1826.
- Constitutional conventions -- New York (State)
- New York (State) -- Politics and government -- 1775-1865.
- New York (State) -- History -- 1775-1865.
- Albany (N.Y.)