Silver gelatin photoprints
|提及的人：||Coretta Scott King; Martin Luther King, Jr.; Martin Luther King; Jimmy Carter; Cesar Chavez|
Arthur L Freeman; Willard Moore; Bill Sparrow; Toge Fujihira; Associated Press.; Wide World Photos.; A. Hansen Studio (New York, N.Y.); RCA Records.
|注意：||Title devised by cataloger.
Photographers include A. Hausen Studio, Willard Moore, Arthur Freeman and others.
Some photos have captions, press releases or written descriptive information; some images have been cropped.
|描述：||<12> photoprints : silver gelatin, b&w ; 26 x 21 cm. or smaller. <18> photoprints : silver gelatin, b&w ; 21 x 26 cm. or smaller. <1> contact sheet : silver gelatin, b&w ; 21 x 26 cm.|
Views of Coretta Scott King, wife of civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr., dated approximately between 1950 and 1980. Includes Studio as well as canded, individual portraits of a younger and older Mrs. King. Also, Mrs. King in group portraits at events including those for the King Center for Non-Violent Change; speaking at a Howard University Commencement; at a labor rally in New York; at the signing of the Humphrey-Hawkins Bill; looking at artwork commemorating Martin Luther King Jr.; at a Black Leadership Forum in Jamaica; and at other unidentified events. Also includes a photo of a CERES medal honoring Mrs. King. People identified in the group portraits include Cesar Chavez, Jimmy Carter, Martin Luther King Sr., P.J. Patterson (Jamaican Minister of Foreign Affairs), Eddie Williams (President of the Joint Center for Political Studies), and Jesse Hill. Quarter, half and full-length views are included.
- King, Coretta Scott, -- 1927-2006.
- Civil rights workers -- United States.
- King, Martin Luther, -- Jr., -- 1929-1968 -- Portraits.
- King, Martin Luther, -- 1899-1984.
- Carter, Jimmy, -- 1924-
- Presidents -- United States.
- Chavez, Cesar, -- 1927-1993.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change.
- White House (Washington, D.C.)
- Activists -- United States -- 1960-1979.
- Public Speaking -- United States -- 1960-1979.
- Labor unions -- United States -- 1970-1979.
- Fund raising -- United States -- 1970-1979.
- Document signing -- United States -- 1970-1979.
- Funeral rites & ceremonies -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- 1960-1969.