Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Elementary and junior high school|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||About the author: Penny Colman is the author of many award-winning books, among them, Toilets, Bathtubs, Sinks and Sewers: A History of the Bathroom, a New York Public Library Best Book for Teens, and Rosie the Riveter: Women Working on the Homefront in WWII, an American Library Association Notable Book, a School Library Journal Best Book for Young Adults, and the winner of the Orbis Pictus Honor Award. A popular guest speaker, Penny Colman lives in Englewood, New Jersey.|
|Description:||vii, 212 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||1. Dead is dead : defining death --
2. Death is destiny : understanding death --
3. What happens to corpses : decomposition, transplants, autopsies, and embalming --
4. Bones and ashes : cremation and other ways to dispose of corpses - 5. How to contain the remains : urns, coffins, crypts, and mausoleums --
6. Where corpses end up : cemeteries and other burial sites --
7. Rituals for people who have died : burial customs, ceremonies, and celebrations --
8. Death is everywhere : images in the arts and everyday life.