도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|명시된 사람:||Ambrose Everett Burnside; Hal Case; John Charles Frémont; John White Geary; George Sears Greene; H W Halleck; Philip Kearney; F W Lander; George B McClellan; Abraham Sanders Piatt; John Pope; William S Rosecrans; James Shields; Isaac Ingalls Stevens; Erastus Barnard Tyler; Clement L Vallandigham|
|문서 형식:||아카이브 자료|
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
Charles Tenney; Adelaide G Case
|설명:||150 (approximately) items.|
|다른 제목||Tenney-Case Civil War letters|
|더 많은 정보:|
Letters from 1861 describe life in camp, Abraham Sanders Piatt's Zouaves, the hanging of a saloon keeper in Charleston, He mentions the removal of Frémont and the military maneuvers of Generals McClellan, Halleck and Rosecrans.
Letters from January through June, 1862 describe camp life including a Washington's birthday celebration, troop movement through the the Shenandoah Valley, the retreat from Romney, the battle of Kernstown. There are mentions of Generals Lander, Shields, Geary, and Tyler.
Letters from July through December, 1862, describe camp life, winter accomodations, marches and the battles of Cedar Mountain, Antietam, and South Mountain There are mentions of Generals McClellan, Stevens, Kearney, Greene, Burnside and Pope and thoughts on U.S. and Ohio politics including the gubernatorial campaign of Vallandigham. A small sketch of his camp is included.
With the letters are three photographs and a journal kept from January to May, 1862 which contains drawings, quotations and poetry as well as accounts of troop movements.
Letters from Adelaide G. Case to Tenney gives news of family and friends in Mecca, Ohio, including her brother Hal, who is also in the service. She describes school teaching in East Claridon, Ohio; war work; ans opinions of battles and generals. There is a brief mention of the Knights of the Golden Circle in Mecca.
- Burnside, Ambrose Everett, -- 1824-1881.
- Case, Hal, -- active 1861-1863.
- Frémont, John Charles, -- 1813-1890.
- Geary, John White, -- 1819-1873.
- Greene, George Sears, -- 1801-1899.
- Halleck, H. W. -- (Henry Wager), -- 1815-1872.
- Kearney, Philip, -- 1814-1862.
- Lander, F. W. -- (Frederick West), -- 1821-1862.
- McClellan, George B. -- (George Brinton), -- 1865-1940.
- Piatt, Abraham Sanders, -- 1821-
- Pope, John, -- 1822-1892.
- Rosecrans, William S. -- (William Starke), -- 1819-1898.
- Shields, James, -- 1806-1879.
- Stevens, Isaac Ingalls, -- 1818-1862.
- Tyler, Erastus Barnard, -- 1822-1899.
- Vallandigham, Clement L. -- (Clement Laird), -- 1820-1871.
- United States. -- Army -- Military life -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States. -- Army. -- Ohio Infantry Regiment, 7th (1861-1864)
- Knights of the Golden Circle.
- Antietam, Battle of, Md., 1862.
- Cedar Mountain, Battle of, Va., 1862.
- Courtship -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- Kernstown, 1st Battle of, Winchester, Va., 1862.
- Shenandoah Valley Campaign, 1862.
- South Mountain, Battle of, Md., 1862.
- Teachers -- Ohio -- History -- 19th century.
- Mecca (Ohio) -- History.
- Ohio -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Romney (W. Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives.