Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Thomas Jefferson; Thomas Jefferson; Thomas Jefferson|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Thomas Jefferson; Francis Eppes; John Wayles Eppes; Maria Eppes; Maria Jefferson Eppes Shine
|Notes:||Letterpress copies of 1790 December 7, 1791 March 9, and 1803 February 21, in the Edgehill Randolph Papers.|
|Other Titles:||Thomas Jefferson correspondence|
Jefferson requests Maria to compare the climates of Philadelphia and Monticello by listing the appearance of animals and vegetables at each and discusses family matters.
Jefferson's correspondence with Eppes discusses family matters particularly the education of his grandson Francis. He mentions his debts, his dislike of borrowing from Federalist banks, and Eppes' use of Jefferson's slaves.
- Jefferson, Thomas, -- 1743-1826.
- Jefferson, Thomas, -- 1743-1826 -- Finance, Personal.
- Banks and banking -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- Education -- Virginia -- 19th century.
- Slaves -- Virginia -- Buckingham County.
- Banks and banking.
- Finance, Personal.
- United States.
- Virginia -- Buckingham County.