Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||William Torrey Harris|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William Torrey Harris; Louisa May Alcott; Edward Waldo Emerson; Daniel Chester French; Julia Ward Howe; Mary Tyler Peabody Mann; Elizabeth Palmer Peabody; Anna Bronson Pratt; F B Sanborn
|Description:||193 items + enclosures.|
(Cont.) Some of the correspondence is in reference to the Concord School of Philosophy. Some of the Sanborn letters concern the American Social Science Association, of which both Sanborn and Harris were officers. The Concord authors provide a recurring theme in the Sanborn letters. One of the Sanborn letters (Dec. 7, 1877) refers to the death of Mrs. A.M. Alcott, one (Mar. 3, 1888) to Bronson Alcott's impending death. One Sanborn letter (Jan. 12, 1890) includes an enclosed ALS (Jan. 7, 1890) from Daniel Chester French about the designing of a bust of Alcott. The later.
(Cont.) Sanborn letters include extensive enclosures. Some of the correspondence is accompanied by information provided by Edith Davidson Harris (W.T. Harris's daughter).
- Harris, William Torrey, -- 1835-1909 -- Correspondence.
- American Social Science Association.
- Concord School of Philosophy.
- Authors, American -- Massachusetts -- Concord.
- Educators -- United States.
- Educators -- Massachusetts -- Concord.
- Philosophers -- United States.
- Philosophers -- Massachusetts -- Concord.