Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Creating a safe place.
London ; Philadelphia : Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2001
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||NCH Children and Families Project.|
|ISBN:||1417504552 9781417504558 9781843100096 1843100096 184642707X 9781846427077|
|Description:||1 online resource (174 pages) : illustrations|
|Contents:||Foreword, by Dr Mooli Lahad 1. Developing the Service. 2. Child sexual abuse - effects on the child. 3. Child sexual abuse - effects on the family. 4. Creating the safe therapeutic space. 5. Coming through the door. 6. Helping children through pictures and models. 7. Helping children through words and drama. 8. Sharon's story: a case study. 9. Helping adults to recover and change. 10. Helping families to recover and rebuild. 11. Working towards prevention of child sexual abuse. Postscript. Appendix 1. Looking after ourselves. Appendix 2. Tensions between therapeutic work and the child protection system. Appendix 3. The risk of dependency. Appendix 4. Gender issues. Appendix 5. Evaluation. Appendix 6. The Working Agreement. Appendix 7. Information for parents or carers whose child attends The Children and Families Project. References. Index.|
|Responsibility:||NCH Children and Families Project ; foreword by Mooli Lahad.|
The book provides a comprehensive approach to treatment, balancing compassion with structure and theories with practical guidance. -- Child and Families, City of Edinburgh Council Not an easy read,
- Sexually abused children -- Mental health services -- Great Britain -- Case studies.
- Sexually abused children -- Services for -- Great Britain -- Case studies.
- Sexually abused children -- Counseling of.
- Family psychotherapy.
- Child sexual abuse -- Prevention.
- NCH Children and Families Project.
- Child Abuse, Sexual -- therapy.
- Child Health Services.
- Community Mental Health Services.
- Family Health.
- MEDICAL -- Pediatrics.
- HEALTH & FITNESS -- Children's Health.
- Sexually abused children -- Mental health services.
- Sexually abused children -- Services for.
- Great Britain.