Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Criticism, interpretation, etc|
|Named Person:||Adrienne Rich; May Sarton; May Sarton; Adrienne Rich; Adrienne Rich; May Sarton; Adrienne Cecile Rich; May Sarton|
|Material Type:||Government publication, State or province government publication|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||xiii, 203 p. ; 25 cm.|
|Contents:||Introduction: an odd couple: Adrienne Rich, May Sarton,and questions of aging --
Ageism in the work of May Sarton and Adrienne Rich --
Concepts of death in midlife --
Midlife anxieties and the quest for renewal --
Time's power in later life --
Resistance to resolution in Sarton's and Rich's late careers --
Conclusion: a symbiosis of counterstories.
If the author thought that the subject of aging and women was a marginalized field, she has just made it major. It s an amazing reading of two women poets, for sure, but an even better reading of
- American poetry -- Women authors -- History and criticism.
- American poetry -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
- Aging in literature.
- Feminism in literature.
- Rich, Adrienne, -- 1929-2012 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Sarton, May, -- 1912-1995 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Sarton, May -- Motiv -- Alter.
- Rich, Adrienne -- Motiv -- Alter.
- Rich, Adrienne, -- 1929-2012.
- Sarton, May, -- 1912-1995.
- American poetry.
- American poetry -- Women authors.
- Rich, Adrienne Cecile -- Criticism and interpretation.