Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Handbooks, manuals, etc
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Santa Monica, CA : Lemon Grove Press, c2008
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||Pages 143-204 consists of notes areas: "quick reference guide" and "daily progress notes."|
|Description:||xvii, 227 p. ; 23 cm.|
|Contents:||You could save a life --
Getting started: the basics of being an advocate --
The primary nurse --
The doctors --
The importance of research --
Preventing medical error --
Preventing infectious diseases in the hospital --
Preventing fatal falls --
Language barriers and cultural issues --
Special attention required on routine medical and surgical floors --
If you live out of town --
How to support and comfort your loved one --
Hospital social workers --
Considering a different hospital --
HIPAA laws, advance directives, power of attorney, living will, and DNR --
How to take care of you --
Discharge planning and aftercare.
"The book states clearly that the medical system is overworked with not enough staff and the administrators watching the bottom line because the insurance companies are screaming for cost cutting. 'A
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Advocating for Your Loved Ones at the Hospital
It's an unfortunate fact of life; medical errors and misjudgements occur regularly. By reading this book, you can be prepared to advocate safe hospital care for yourself and your loved ones.
The book consists of over 100 interviews with people who were the victims of serious...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Patient advocacy -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Patient education -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Hospital patients -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Caregivers -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Hospital care.
- Consumer education.
- Hospitalization -- Popular Works.
- Patient Advocacy -- Popular Works.
- Critical Illness -- Popular Works.
- Patient Care -- Popular Works.
- Professional-Family Relations -- Popular Works.
- Hospital-Patient Relations -- Popular Works.