Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||William Frederic Badè; Galen Clark; Crocker family.; Thompson family.|
|Material Type:||Biography, Manuscript|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Ellen May Hall Crocker; Henry R Crocker; Celia Crocker Thompson; Crocker's Station (Sequoia, Calif.)
|Description:||0.5 linear ft.|
Includes Henry Crocker's will, hotel guest lists, and photographs (ca. 1890-1900) of the Yosemite Valley region. Topics include Henry Crocker's operation of Crocker's Station hotel in Sequoia, Calif.; May Hall Crocker's activities as a conservationist; her grand tour of Europe; and Celia Crocker Thompson's (daughter of Henry R. and Ellen May Hall Crocker) activities as a photographer of the Yosemite region. Correspondents include Sierra Club president William F. Badè and Galen Clark. Organizations represented include the San Joaquin Chapter of the California Federation of Women's Clubs and the San Francisco Bay Chapter of the Sierra Club.
- Conservation of natural resources -- California.
- Hotels -- California -- Sequoia.
- Landscape photography -- California -- Yosemite Valley.
- Europe -- Description and travel.
- Yosemite Valley (Calif.) -- Social life and customs.
- Badè, William Frederic, -- 1871-1936 -- Correspondence.
- Clark, Galen, -- 1814-1910 -- Correspondence.
- Crocker family.
- Thompson family.
- California Federation of Women's Clubs. -- San Joaquin Chapter.
- Sierra Club. -- San Francisco Bay Chapter.