Trova una copia in biblioteca
Stiamo ricercando le biblioteche che possiedono questo documento…
|Informazioni aggiuntive sul formato:||Online version:
Jefferson, Thomas, 1743-1826.
Crusade against ignorance.
New York, Bureau of Publications, Teachers College, Columbia University 
|Tutti gli autori / Collaboratori:||
|Descrizione:||167 pages 19 cm.|
|Contenuti:||Learning and liberty: the Jeffersonian tradition in education / Gordon C. Lee --
1. The precious blessing of liberty : The Declaration of Independence as adopted by Congress, July 4, 1776 ; To James Madison, December 20, 1787 ; To Francis Hopkinson, March 13, 1789 ; To James Madison, November 17, 1798 ; The Kentucky resolutions of 1798 ; First inaugural address, March 4, 1801 ; To Thomas Seymour, February 11, 1807 ; To Monsieur N. G. Dufiet, April 19, 1814 --
2. The free exercise of religion : Notes on the state of Virginia, query XVII ; A bill for establishing religious freedom ; To Messrs. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, and Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist Association, in the state of Connecticut, January 1, 1802 ; To Rev. Samuel Miller, January 23, 1808 ; To P.H. Wendover, March 13, 1815 ; Annual report of the board of visitors of the University of Virginia, October 7, 1822 ; To Doctor Thomas Cooper, November 2, 1822 --
3. The general diffusion of knowledge : A bill for the more general diffusion of knowledge ; Notes on the state of Virginia, query XIV ; To George Wythe, August 13, 1786 ; To Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787 --
4. The useful sciences in their highest degree : To John Banister, Jr., October 15, 1785 ; To John Adams, July 5, 1814 ; To George Ticknor, November 25, 1817 ; Report of the commissioners appointed to fix the site of the University of Virginia ; To Joseph C. Cabell, February 3, 1825 ; Minutes of the board of visitors of the University of Virginia, March 4, 1825 ; To William B. Giles, December 26, 1825 --
5. Health, learning, virtue : To Thomas Mann Randolph, Jr., August 27, 1786 ; To Peter Carr, with enclosure, August 10, 1787 ; To Martha Jefferson, March 28, 1787 ; To Nathaniel Burwell, March 14, 1818 ; To Thomas Jefferson Randolph, November 24, 1808 --
Epilogue : To John Adams, October 28, 1813.
|Titolo della serie:||Classics in education, no. 6.|
|Responsabilità:||Edited, with an introd. and notes, by Gordon C. Lee.|