Rachel E Spector
|ISBN:||9780132840064 0132840065 9780133122985 0133122980|
|描述：||xix, 410 pages : illustrations, map ; 23 cm|
|内容：||Unit 1. Cultural foundations. 1. Building cultural and linquistic competence : National standards for culturally and linguistically appropriate services in health care ; Cultural competence ; Linguistic competence ; Institutional mandates ; CulturalCare --
2. Cultural heritage and history : Heritage consistency ; Acculturation themes ; Ethnocultural life trajectories ; Commingling variables ; Cultural conflict ; Cultural phenomena affecting health --
3. Diversity : Census 2010 ; Immigration ; Poverty --
4. Health and illness : Health ; Illness. Unit 2. Health domains. 5. Health traditions : Health and illness ; Health traditions model ; Health protection ; Health/health care choices ; Folk medicine ; Health/health care philosophies --
6. Healing traditions : Healing ; Ancient forms of healing ; Religion and healing ; Healing and today's beliefs ; Ancient rituals related to the life cycle --
7. Familial health traditions : Familial health/health traditions ; Consciousness raising --
8. Health and illness in modern health care : The health care provider's culture ; Health care costs ; Trends in development of the health care system ; Common problems in health care delivery ; Pathways to health services ; Barriers to health care ; Medicine as an institution of social control. Unit 3. Health and illness panoramas. 9. Health and illness in the American Indian and Alaska Native population : Background ; Traditional definitions of health and illness ; Traditional methods of healing ; Current health care problems ; The Indian Health Service --
10. Health and illness in the Asian populations : Background ; Traditional definitions of health and illness ; Traditional methods of health maintenance and protection ; Traditional methods of health restoration ; Current health problems --
11. Health and illness in the Black population : Background ; Traditional definitions of health and illness ; Traditional methods of health maintenance and protection ; Traditional methods of health restoration ; Current health problems --
12. Health and illness in the Hispanic populations : Background ; Mexicans ; Puerto Ricans --
13. Health and illness in the White populations : Background ; German Americans ; Italian Americans ; Polish Americans ; Health status of the White population --
14. Cultural competence : Cultural competency --
Appendices : A. Selected key terms related to cultural diversity in health and illness ; B. Calendar: cultural and religious holidays that change dates ; C. Suggested course outline ; D. Suggested course activity, urban hiking ; E. Heritage assessment tool ; F. Quick guide for CulturalCare ; G. Data resources.
|责任：||Rachel E. Spector.|
This text is based on the idea of 'CulturalCare', which is the concept that promotes health care as culturally sensitive, culturally appropriate and culturally competent. It explores how this concept is essential in order to meet the complex health care needs of patients and their families and communities.
- Transcultural medical care -- United States.
- Health attitudes -- United States.
- Transcultural nursing -- United States.
- Cultural Diversity -- United States.
- Attitude of Health Personnel -- United States.
- Attitude to Health -- ethnology -- United States.
- Cultural Competency -- United States.
- Delivery of Health Care -- United States.
- Health Status -- United States.
- Health attitudes.
- Transcultural medical care.
- Transcultural nursing.
- United States.