Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||George Busbee; Jimmy Carter; James L Gillis; Marvin Griffin; Denmark Groover; Peter Zack Geer; Carl Sanders; Herman E Talmadge|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Culver Kidd; John Allen
|Notes:||Interviewed by John Allen.
Cataloged as part of the Georgia Archives and Manuscripts Automated Access Project: A Special Collections Gateway Program of the University Center in Georgia.
|Description:||2 audiotapes ; cassette. Transcript (66 p.)|
|Other Titles:||Georgia Government Documentation Project.|
During the October 20, 1988 interview Kidd discusses the Talmadge administration; term as Baldwin County Commissioner; Marvin Griffin's administration; opposition of Lt. Governor Ernest Vandiver to Griffin; Jim Gillis of the Highway Dept.; Roy Harris; race between Marvin Griffin and Carl Sanders; Kidd's position on Governmental Operations Committee; Kidd's indictments; Judge Owens; Jimmy Carter as Governor; Carter's plan for a Dept. of Human Resources (DHR); George Busbee's plan to reorganize DHR; campaign for Lt. Governor in 1962; problems of reapportionment in Kidd's senatorial district; 1962 campaign for Senate; Hugh Gillis; Peter Zack Geer; Denmark Groover and the "clock incident"; Maddox-Callaway governor's race; Bobby Rowan and floor leader; 1970 governor's race; Executive versus legislative branch; the Henry Grady Hotel; legislative "gift-giving" on the last night of the session; Kidd's last session; and Kidd's views on the Miller-Cleland race.
- Busbee, George, -- 1927-2004.
- Carter, Jimmy, -- 1924-
- Gillis, James L, -- 1892-1975.
- Griffin, Marvin, -- 1907-1982.
- Groover, Denmark, -- 1922-
- Geer, Peter Zack, -- 1927-
- Sanders, Carl, -- 1925-2014.
- Talmadge, Herman E. -- (Herman Eugene), -- 1913-
- Georgia. -- General Assembly. -- Senate.
- Georgia. -- General Assembly. -- House of Representatives.
- Central State Hospital (Milledgeville, Ga.)
- Henry Grady Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Georgia. -- Office of the Governor.
- Georgia. -- Dept. of Human Resources.
- Governors -- Georgia -- Election -- 1946.
- Governors -- Georgia -- Election -- 1966.
- Governors -- Georgia -- Election -- 1970.
- Political campaigns -- Georgia.
- Baldwin County (Ga.)
- Georgia -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950.
- Georgia -- Politics and government -- 1951-