Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||George Nathaniel Curzon Curzon of Kedleston, Marquess; George Nathaniel Curzon Curzon, Marquess; George Curzon; George Nathaniel Curzon Curzon of Kedleston, Marquess|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||0714648752 9780714648750 0714644293 9780714644295|
|Description:||xvi, 342 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||Choice-"A highly accomplished study that interweaves political and mentalite history, meticulously supported by hundreds of endnotes." Contemporary Review-"For many years Cass has had a reputation as a publisher of scholarly books on the Middle East, and this latest volume is no exception... One of the most balanced views of Curzon"s role and one of the best insights into the formation of British policy regarding the Middle East." Contemporary British History "This specialised but readable work on British imperialism stands out for its comprehensive coverage of the relevant British state documents and private papers." International Journal of Middle East Studies "Fisher has suceeded in portraying the chaos, bickering, and lack of co-ordination that characterized aspects of British wartime decision-making on Middle East affairs. His extensive and often discursive endnotes will have to be taken into consideration by any future scholar intending to examine the British perspective on the crucial years in this book." The Historian "Doyle"s book will provide undergraduate students with a clear, concise understanding of Jansenism, its evolution, and its contributions to the emergence of modern Europe|
- Middle East -- Foreign relations -- Great Britain.
- Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- Middle East.
- Curzon of Kedleston, George Nathaniel Curzon, -- Marquess, -- 1859-1925.
- Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- 1901-1936.
- Curzon, George Nathaniel Curzon, -- Marquess -- 1859-1925.
- Eerste Wereldoorlog.
- Expansie (macht)
- Curzon, George -- (1859-1925).
- Grande-Bretagne -- Relations extérieures -- Moyen-Orient.
- Grande-Bretagne -- Relations extérieures -- 1901-1936.
- Moyen-Orient -- Relations extérieures -- Grande-Bretagne.
- International relations.
- Great Britain.
- Middle East.