|提及的人：||David Merrick; Dore Schary; Sam Zimbalist; Alvah Cecil Bessie; H J Biberman; E Y Harburg; John Huston; Gordon Kahn; Garson Kanin; Murray Kempton; Ring Lardner, Jr.; John Howard Lawson; Carey McWilliams; Herman Shumlin; Albert Maltz|
|描述：||17.8 c.f. (45 archives boxes, 1 flat box), 2 reels of microfilm (35 mm), 8 tape recordings, 133 dictabelts, 13 disc recordings, and photographs; plus additions of 1 award in an archives box.|
Scripts and drafts of his screenplays include many written for the black market. Among the best represented are "The Brave One" (Universal, 1955), for which he won an Academy Award under the pseudonym Robert Rich, "Exodus" (UA, 1960), "Lonely Are the Brave" (1962), "Mister Adam," "The Young Philadelphians" (1959), and "Spartacus" (Universal, 1960).
Because of the blacklist Trumbo was careful to keep all of his papers for "Spartacus," making the documentation for that motion picture most noteworthy in its reflection of artistic and political forces. For that film and for "Exodus" there are also recordings of music. Also present are manuscripts of articles, pamphlets, short stories, stage plays, and novels.
Supplementing the correspondence and scripts are notes, transcripts, briefs, and sound recordings of the HUAC hearings and the court case against Trumbo; personal and business financial records; research files, clippings, and reviews of his work; photographs; and sound recordings of appearances on radio and television.
The processed portion is summarized above and is described in the register. Additional accessions are described below consisting of dictabelts and an award.
- The brave one (Motion picture)
- Academy Awards (Motion pictures)
- Exodus (Motion picture)
- Motion picture plays.
- Mister Adam (Motion picture)
- Lonely are the brave (Motion picture)
- The young Philadelphians (Motion picture)
- War correspondents.
- Motion pictures -- Censorship.
- Prisoners -- United States.
- Blacklisting of authors -- United States.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Journalists.
- Spartacus (Motion picture)
- Motion picture music -- United States.
- Merrick, David, -- 1911-2000.
- Schary, Dore.
- Zimbalist, Sam.
- Bessie, Alvah Cecil, -- 1904-1985.
- Biberman, H. J. -- (Herbert J.)
- Harburg, E. Y. -- (Edgar Yipsel), -- 1896-1981.
- Huston, John, -- 1906-1987.
- Kahn, Gordon.
- Kanin, Garson, -- 1912-1999.
- Kempton, Murray, -- 1917-1997.
- Lardner, Ring, -- Jr., -- 1915-2000.
- Lawson, John Howard, -- 1894-1977.
- McWilliams, Carey, -- 1905-1980.
- Shumlin, Herman, -- 1898-1979.
- Maltz, Albert, -- 1908-1985.
- United States. -- Congress. -- House. -- Committee on Un-American Activities.