Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Fiction, Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Charles Boardman Hawes
|Notes:||"An Atlantic Monthly Press book."
wherein is told the story of Philip Marsham who lived in the time of King Charles and was bred a sailor but came home to England after many hazards by sea and land and fought for the King at Newbury and lost a great inheritance and departed for Barbados in the same ship, by curious chance, in which he had long before adventured with the pirates.
|Awards:||Newbery Medal, 1924|
|Description:||xiii, 246 pages 22 cm|
|Responsibility:||Decorations by Warren Chappell.|
- Orphans -- Juvenile fiction.
- Pirates -- Juvenile fiction.
- Orphans -- Fiction.
- Pirates -- Fiction.
- Sea stories.
User lists with this item (8)
- Newbery Winners(88 items)
by BritGib updated 2016-02-27
- Newbery Medal Winners(93 items)
by carteretlibraries updated 2015-04-28
- Newbery Medal and Honor Books - Macalester College Library(235 items)
by macalestercollegelibrary updated 2014-12-05
- Mac Newberry(235 items)
by fvescia updated 2014-11-25
- PLU's piracy collection...for Talk Like a Pirate Day!(23 items)
by datamuse updated 2014-09-19