Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Randolph W Kirkland; South Carolina Historical Society.
|Notes:||Contains list of 11,238 South Carolinians held in captivity as a result of their service to the Confederacy. Drawing on more than 200 sources, Mr. Kirkland's list includes the individuals' names, ranks, units, where and when they were captured, where they were held, when they were moved, their final dispositions, and sources to assist researchers.
Appendices include extracts from the official records concerning prisoners of war Series II and Series M598 microfilm records relating to Confederate prisoners of war and statistical summaries of those held captive.
|Description:||xiii, 538 p. ; 28 cm.|
|Other Titles:||Dark hours
South Carolina soldiers, sailors and citizens who were held in federal prisons during the War for Southern Independence, 1861-1865
|Responsibility:||[compiled] by Randolph W. Kirkland, Jr.|
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons.
- Prisoners of war -- South Carolina -- Registers.
- Confederate States of America. -- Army -- Registers.
- Confederate States of America. -- Navy -- Registers.
- South Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Registers.
- South Carolina -- Genealogy.
- Confederate States of America. -- Army.
- Confederate States of America. -- Navy.
- Prisoners of war.
- South Carolina.
- United States.